CQ color quartet needs for my dongled Scanmate scanview plus ll

<p>Dear All,<br>

I am desperate to get a Color Quartet possibly 4.0.1 or 4.4.1 or 2 as after a computer formatting I delete the only copy of the programme I had. I have a regular dongle so it should be a problem in legal terms. I tried to download from ADB scanner website the CQ version 5.3.1 but it does not reckon the scanner . If you have a spare copy I can give you my ftp address and just upload the application in it.<br>

(Scanmate Scanview plus ll and MAC G3 are the devices i am working with) <br>

I will be really grateful</p>

<p>Thanks and regards<br>

Gigi Cifali</p>

<p>Gigi, If you don't get an answer here, go to Yahoo Groups and sign up for the Hi Resolution Scanner group (I can't remember he exact name, but it has the words Hi or High and Scanner in it). Those guys and gals are experts on this stuff and I've seen people get out of some real jams on that group.</p>

<p>Dear Piotr,<br>

The scanner finally moves, thank you .<br>

The problem is that the final scanner looks like crap. I went in CQ preferences and changed the ICC as follows: transmission I8trm and reflection I8rfm and before thet moved these profiles ti the folder CQtiff as the image i want is tiff 16 bit. Considering that I am scanning a color negative film can you tell me what I am doing wrong?</p>

<p>Regards<br>

Gigi <br>

Please hel as I am getting crazy here i am uploading an image showing the magenta and inverted colors</p>

file:///Users/gigicifali/Desktop/Scan%202

<p>Nice :)<br>

First - calibrate scanner for transmissions.<br>

Second - forget about scanning in 16 bit (later ;) )<br>

Your magenta is very nice :), but it could be effect of inverting negative by scanner software - profiles for negatives are... well... very, very poor in ColorQuartet...<br>

I'd like to see some positive scans, with MINIMAL correction in CQ (histogram only, no color correction). Or even try black and white negative and scan it AS COLOR POSITIVE film. Scan should be ALMOST graycale (eventually with SMALL cast, but not like on your sample. If it's NOT - it's something wrong with scanner).<br>

Even without ANY changes in preferences (IT8), after clean installing and software calibrating for transmissions - you should get very good results (but in POSITIVE scanning - inverting negatives is quite another story...)</p>

<p>dear Piotr,<br>

how I need to calibrate the scanner for transmission.<br>

I am really interest in what are you saying. I tried to use with fantastic result a copy of CQ 4.0.1 downloaded from a link offered by a fellow at High scan group, and the color negatives images scanned at 16 bits without calibration were great, for unlucky circumstances the application starts to crush after a successful 3 scans at dpi 2600. Why I could not use the same setting with the later version that you gave me ?<br>

Anyway I would like to receive your imoprtant help and how it is possible to calibrate color negative?<br>

Thank you again for your help</p>

<p>Gigi </p>

<p>If you're sure, that scanner is OK, and positive film scans are also ok, and the only problem is scanning negatives AS NEGATIVES - then welcome to the club: in my opinion after 14 or 15 years scanning on ALL models of Scanview scanners (drum and flatbed) - CQ negative profiles are useless. I always scan my negatives as positives, and invert them in Photoshop. Results ALWAYS were much, much better than using CQ negative profiles.<br>

I'll try to find pdf with full CQ manual - you'll find there everything about calibrating (and much, much more - CQ is rather complicated piece of software...)</p>

<p>The situation looks a bit confusing but close to the right set up. When I am trying CQ 4.0.1 version, the picture preview is positive, clicking the feedback preview window the image is negative (as it should be) great but I can t use it as a dongle ( lines on It). Now when I am trying CQ 4.4.2 and 4.2.1 the image looks in densitometer mode ( like I showed to you) or black with dots, I manage to scan and again it is terrible both in positive and negative transmission mode. Now What could be the error and why in a CQ version looks ok and not in another one.<br>

Answering to your question both positive and negative the pictures in preview are like I showed you, colored like magenta white black green <br>

What should I ?do </p>

• 9 months later...
<p>Gigi, what I've found since far is a ColorTrio installer for windows and a Mac version of the same software.<br />Both are less than 2,5mb and I have no chance to know if they're the right choice until I get the scanner linked to my pc...and I am in the process of buying one.<br />Anyone here have a second hand Color Quartet + dongle to sell? thank you</p>

<p>Dear Andrea,<br>

Sorry but I sold my little scanmate with the entire computer, <br />I was serching for a copy of the CQ application, that I remember I had on floppy disk called color trio, but I could not found it. <br>

I am so sorry I wish I could be more helpful.<br>

but in this days I will look again.<br>

Ciao Gigi</p>