Rolleiflex 3,5F Repair

cd_k

<p>My Rolleiflex 3,5F needs some repair services for jammed shutter and f-stop dials. Could you please help recommending a repair technician? Years ago, I had my 3,5F serviced by Ross Yerkes in LA but I don't know if he is still providing services. Your help is greatly appreciated Thank you!</p>

<p>Kind regards,</p>

<p>I have been to ICT many times. The shop is in the SF Bay Area, not LA, but you could mail it if need be.<br>

http://www.photo.net/neighbor/view-one-about?id=1&about=International+Camera%2c+Mountain+View%2c+CA<br>

Fred does not work cheap, but I think his prices are fair. He guarantees the work for several months and he does a fantastic job. His past customers include Ansel Adams and Imogen Cunningham.<br>

http://ictcamera.com/</p>

<p>Tim,</p>

<p>Thank you for recommending Harry. His turn-around time was very long years ago. That's why I sent to Ross for CLA. Don't know if his workload has been reduced now. I have read that he has many parts available. In my case, the camera was hit when I slipped and took a fall. The shutter and f-stop dials are both jammed. I think both dials may need to be replaced, at least some internal parts.</p>

<p>Kind regards, </p>

<p>CD,</p>

<p>That's the only drawback with Harry, he is so good that he is also VERY busy. His turn around right now is about nine weeks. But he does have access to lots of parts and does do top notch work.</p>

<p>The camera I sent him had been overhauled just six months ago by one of the other service techs, and on a job it froze up. Completely unacceptable, especially since the other service tech was supposed to specifically fix that problem. Once Harry gets done with it, I'll have 'no worries".</p>

<p>Best,<br>

-Tim</p>

<p>Tim,</p>

<p>I can live with 9 weeks turn abound time, but years ago it was close to 6 months. I know that he has the reputation for being one of the very best Rollei repair technicians. Thanks again!</p>

<p>Kind regards,</p>

<p>CD K -</p>

<p>I've been using Ross Yerkes for about 5 1/2 years now, he's CLA'd and restored eight items, H'blad, Rollei TLR's & Leica RF. Faultless work, fast turn, excellent communications, perfect follow through with services to be performed. Older cameras/lenses that had been acquired with age problems were made to function as if new, smooth and easy to move controls.</p>

<p>I recommend Ross to you without hesitation, he's a real craftsman and honest gentleman. If the damage is too extensive to be considered a candidate for repair, (I doubt it,) he'll let you know. In that case, perhaps Harry would be the better choice since he does evidently have access to parts. A friends Autocord was SEVERELY damaged in a major fall, and was repaired perfectly by Ross. His latest contact info:<br>

Ross Yerkes Camera<br>

342 Kirby<br>

Los Angeles, Ca. 90042<br>

(323) 256 - 1018</p>

<p>Good luck with getting it returned to service.</p>

<p>Patrick</p>

<p>Patrick,</p>

<p>Thank you and glad to see Ross is still active in his work. I called Harry this morning and his turn-around time is about 10 weeks. I will give Ross a call tomorrow. My most concern is if he has the necessary parts for the repair. Again, thanks for the updated contact info.</p>

<p>Kind regards,</p>