Canon EOS 5 (film), viewfinder out of focus...

john_louis1

<p>I found a .5 Diopter Viewfinder lens at B & H Photo. BH& Part# CADP.5EIX, Manufacture# 2873A002. I also found a +2 Diopter Viewfinder lens at a shop I never heard of. You should call Canon support. They have always been helpful for me.<br /> </p>

<p>I owned 3 EOS 5/A2E/A2 cameras from 1992 to 2002. It was my workhorse. Back in the day it was rare to have built-in adjustable diopters. Only the USA variant, the EOS A2, had a built-in adjustable diopter. The EOS 5 and EOS A2E use of ECF prevented the use of a built-in adjustable diopter. You either wore glasses or used an accessory diopter. </p>

<p>Because the The EOS 5 and A2E lack built-in dioptric adjustment, Canon provides a full range of accessory dioptric adjustment lenses from +3 to -4. These are the same lenses used for the EOS 3 and Elan 7E. I used a -2.0 and have several in a drawer since most modern cameras have built-in adjustable diopters.</p>

<p>My EOS A2 review: <br>

http://emedia.leeward.hawaii.edu/frary/canon_eos_a2.htm</p>

Sometimes the light’s all shining on me. Other times I can barely see.

- Robert Hunter

<p>uh, simple question first - are you a prescription eyeglass-wearer and taking the lenses off to look through cam?</p>

<p>I am eyeglass wearer, and all that stuff is out of focus for me, too, if diopter wheel is at 0.00</p>