System Problems -- Update Request

Norma Desmond

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<p>Ditto to all that has been said above. I realize that there can be glitches from time to time so I didn't think too much about it the first couple of days. Things got a bit better on Saturday, but now it's worse than ever again. I just tried to load an image and was unable to do so. I suspect management is feverishly trying to fix the problems. Josh (et al), if you could take just 1 minute to send us an update, I think it would be greatly appreciated. Confirming and acknowledging that there is a problem and giving us some idea how long you anticipate this lasting would go a long way toward appeasing the PN members. Thanks for all you do!</p>

<p>Weird......I'm surprised to see my comment above. I entered it (or so I thought) into the system, but I got an error message indicating it didn't go through. I decided to wait and try again later. So imagine my surprise when I was finally able to get back into this site and saw my comment, which did go through after all. This must explain why there are so many duplicate messages above. People don't think their message is getting through, so they keep trying. Just trying to shed some light on this.....thanks!</p>

<p>Gordon--</p>

<p>Don't be too happy for me. They cleared up only temporarily, for a couple of hours last night. Since I do my share of complaining, I wanted to be sure to offset that with acknowledgment when the problem seemed to clear up. But I've been experiencing the same problems this morning again as everyone else.</p>

<p>I thought I remembered Josh having said something in the past about setting up a way to communicate to members that they knew of a problem and would give us some timely info about what's going on technically and what we might expect in terms of fixes and timing. Since this latest and more extreme round of technical issues seems to have started on a Friday (though there have clearly been system problems for weeks now), it might be that the tech guys and Josh are off enjoying their weekends and we'll have to live with it another day or so. That's certainly understandable. A word from administration, when they can, would ease the anxiety of members.</p>

We didn't need dialogue. We had faces!

<p>Fred, in that case I am sorry to hear that you are stuck in the same boat as I am. <br /> One of the more frustrating aspects of the ongoing dysfunctional situation at PN is often not knowing either the extent of the problems or if the issues are being worked on. We all seem to have differing reports. Sumon is now reporting that the crisis is over yet I have still not been able to upload new photos and a brief attempt to navigate the site 5 minutes ago resulted in 6 error messages. No big deal really, it is not going to make or break my day if I cannot use PN however the weekend is when I and many other people wish to use the services of PN.</p>

<p>Josh, thanks for the heads up.</p>

<p>This member's posting history is being generated. Please try again in about a minute.</p>

<p><strong> </strong> Sorry to report that<strong> </strong> the problemm is back again. 503 TIME OUT . Even uploading it here was difficult.( telling me it is a spam?)</p>

<p><strong><br /> </strong></p>

<p>Still error after error and time out. Accessing the site from Greece there is a constantly annoying audio ad of two boxers hitting each other, smack smack smack. It is beginning to irritate me so much that sadly I am looking for another site also as this is irritating me no end!</p>