150-600mm zoom lense parts diagram

steven_d._johnson

<p>I need an exploded parts diagram with part numbers for a Canon 150-600mm f1:5,6 L zoom lens so I can order parts from Canon. For some reason, they will not allow the diagram out, yet require part numbers from said diagram to verify availablity and pricing. For what it's worth, this is probably the older lens, as it is buff in color, not white. Its serial number is 10371. Thanks, - Steven Johnson</p>

<p>I dunno if they're still around, but you might check with Century Precision Optics in (North?) Hollywood, CA. They used to custom retrofit the 150-600 Canon FD lenses for the movie industry. So they might have the drawings, and who knows, they might even still have a few parts laying around.</p>

<p>If all else fails, consider having the parts you need custom fabricated. You have a very rare lens, and a very valuable one, so custom fabrication may end up being an economic alternative for you.</p>

<p>Michael</p>

<p>Steven,</p>

<p>There was a thread here several months ago regarding an FD 50-300mm L zoom, where Steve Sweringen of Camera Clinic in Reno, NV was quoted as saying that Canon never disposes of old parts. He was trying to get a replacement lens element for that particular lens. Perhaps he can help you with the diagram or with parts procurement. Steve has an excellent reputation for his FD work; he once did a beautiful CLA on a T90 for me.</p>

<p>His e-mail address is <a href="mailto:steven40@aol.com">steven40@aol.com</a>.</p>

<p>Thanks all for the input. The update: John Siroringas of Century/Schneider and I discussed the issue and he is willing to take a look at it. His firm has done many conversions of these lenses to adapt to the motion picture industry and he may have the parts available to bring this lens back into shape. I also contacted Steve Sweringen in Reno and he will be investigating his resources for replacement components as well. He offered that he is often surprised by what Canon still has in stock, and he also has the exploded parts diagram to assist with part number identities. Again, thanks for your help...I'd still be surfing dead-ends on the internet, but for the input, I've found two potential places that might be able to do the work!</p>