What is this called?

<p>Hi everyone,<br>

I've attached a link - can anyone give me their opinion on what this effect is called? The photo has been edited to the point where it doesn't look like a photograph anymore - it almost looks like an animation, but I'm not sure if that's the right word for it?? I'm trying to fiund tutorials but don't know what to search for. Any opinions or ideas much appreciated! =)<br>

<a href=" wrath

<p> </p>

<p>(I, myself, would place it somewhere in the field of the Black Arts. Snakes have always scared me off.) :-)<br>

Seriously, the artist has categorized the work as a photomanipulation on the DeviantArts site. You can glean some inkling into the artist's methods from her reference links in the Artist Comments:<br>

model- nirelstock <a href="http://nirelstock.deviantart.com/art/696-Snake-V-131941355">link</a> (the model 's photo, including the snake)<br>

sleeves-fallen brushes <a href=" Veil Brushes Set 1 </a> (The veiled sleeves are a custom brush for photoshop) <br>

texture-inthename_stock <a href=" TEXTURES 59 (link to the background texture)<br>

Plus, what Jeremy said above.<br>

"Photoshop layers" would be the place to start researching. It looks like an interesting and fun technique.<br>

Roger</p>

<p> </p>