How would you edit this photo?

<p>Here's a more serious approach to what you ask for, it's a saturation layer with eracing around the subect, then cropping to put the subjest in the lower left 1/3 position. I also cloned out the power line and moble home which may not fit your clients needs.</p><div>00Uhge-179185584.jpg.f6a9e91cd2afbce083b83cf6675b648b.jpg</div>

<p>I love it guys! So many options- who knew?! I do not like the telephone poles either, and have removed them in all the images I edited to (the orig. I posted is completely unedited). You all have been so VERY helpful. I have been playing around with all your ideas, you are all so very talented. Thank you again, for all the time you all spent helping me out. I am defiently sinking in all your ideas and playing around. Greg- I LOVE the sky! Awsome! Thanks again you guys- SO much!</p>

<p>I think that the original photograph is fundamentally better than the modified versions that people have come up with. The issue - indeed problem - with the photograph is that the light on her face comes across as artificial because it has no apparent natural source. To me, that means that you have two choices. Tone down the light on her face and make the photograph look more natural, or decide that you want a look that is completely theatrical/unnatural. The latter is the direction that people have taken it in, but in my humble opinion, none of the proposed solutions works. They just make a problematic photograph more problematic.</p>

<p>This is a very nice photograph. You don't need to do anything radical to make it good -- just rudimentary adjustments to bring out what is already there.<br>

Here's a basic fix: straighten, crop, color the sky, and -- most important -- even out the lighting on the woman. One multiply layer, one screen layer, and some layer masks. (Also, heal the dust spots.)<br>

--David B.</p>

<div>00Uji3-180083584.jpg.8f9f10c3b2bf318d670b0cba39105352.jpg</div>

<p>Could a dirty sensor also be why my images are looking pixilated? I bought this camera a couple years ago, and it worked perfectly. Over the past several months, my images have been looking grainy, even when shot at images as low as 100-200 ISO. I began shooting with the "normal" jpeg mode, then upped it to the highest possible without going to RAW. Its annoying that they all look heavily pixelated, no matter what my ISO settings, etc. I've posted on here before about this problem, but concluded that the sensor was probably not the problem. Do I need to send it off to have it cleaned, or is this something I can do research on and end up doing myself?<br>

Also, on a side note: I realize that this portrait is no where close to being perfect. We literally only had about 2 minutes to take this portrait (and that included unloading from the car), as we were in a MAJOR time crunch against the sun. So I did the best for the short amount of time I had. I'm still learning... I'll get better ;-) Thanks for all your help!</p>

<p> </p>

<p>Some nice edits here! I did a quick clone out of the powerlines, upped the hue/saturation on everything but the girl's skin, changed the colour of the sky slightly to a more purple tone, added more yellow (still in hue + sat), Curves on the building and ground. Used filters > render > lighting and did an omni over the girl but masked out her face as it was already very well lit. Last step posterized the entire image slightly except for the girl (filter > artistic > poster edges - Edge thickness 3, Edge intensity 0 and Posterization 6.<br>

<br>

Would like to see how you choose to edit in the end!<br>

June</p><div>00Um66-181285584.jpg.6f56bd869584103a0f5d3f06a91bdc4c.jpg</div>

<p>Some nice edits here! I did a quick clone out of the powerlines, upped the hue/saturation on everything but the girl's skin, changed the colour of the sky slightly to a more purple tone, added more yellow (still in hue + sat), Curves on the building and ground. Used filters > render > lighting and did an omni over the girl but masked out her face as it was already very well lit. Last step posterized the entire image slightly except for the girl (filter > artistic > poster edges - Edge thickness 3, Edge intensity 0 and Posterization 6.<br>

<br>

June</p>

<br>

June</p>

<br>

June</p><div>00Um6A-181285684.jpg.d278fc6189d574f4500e54b8e621d871.jpg</div>