Work trip to China; Take D300?

brian_bahn

<p>Hi Brian,<br>

I traveled several times to China in the last few years. As many has mentioned, you might be surprised by how many D3, D700, D300's that people carry around in Shanghai and Hong Kong. My only concern is the size. For business trip like yours, I carry a E-P1 with two Leica lenses these days.<br>

As for Wuxi and Guangzhou/Guangxi (not sure which one that you referred to as Ghuangxo), those are where you might need to pay extra attention on all of your stuff, in addition to your camera gears. What I mean is there are more spots in these cities that are not as "tourist friendly." Use common sense to back out as soon as you find yourself in one of those spots.<br>

To demonstrated the point ... I was in Prague, Czech Republic last month with my small camera bag with me all the time. As soon as I jumped on a not so packed subway train, I found myself being "surrounded" by a group of 6 people (they did not look like locals). They created an unnecessarily crowded environment just around me. The rest of the compartment was not crowded at all. I was even separated from my wife by this group of people. After 10 seconds, my instinct told me to get out of that situation immediately by saying "excuse me" very loudly in order to move on. That group of 6 said something back in a language that I did not understand. Then, they got off the train in the next stop. Later, a local friend of mine told me that this is how local pick pockets are done, they pass on their "capture" from one to another quickly. Even if you feel one of them take thing from you, it may probably be too lately to catch them red handed.<br>

Anyway, wish you enjoy China and your D300 there.<br>

John</p>

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images