Hi-8 or VHS to a PC format

debra_johnson

Well, what you need to do this is to digitize (capture) the video onto a computer using one of the various video editing software packages, then output it to disk using some common form of compression (DivX, AVI, Quicktime, Real, etc.) If you can afford the software, I recommend Real.

-Jason Antman

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi,<br>

<br>

if it's not too late :)<br>

I've got a good advice to buy a TV card (for an old 200 MHz). Until now I have managed to make screenshots from videos made with an analog 8 VHS tape. To digitalise films should work the same way, but I'm not so far 'cos my hard disk is very full and because for some reason the sound does not "display" when watching the tape :(<br>

Various computer resellers adviced me to buy some expensive graphic cards, with 64 MB and so on, which do not match my computer (no AGP slot), but this seemed to be a better solution.<br>

The captured images are really sharp :)<br>

Tell me if you made some progress with your plans, please, as I am interested in it too.<br>

<br>

best<br>

Maria<br>

PS: I did not buy a digital video camera because I like to have originals which are different from the copies and this is not so easy in that case.<div>[ATTACH=full]875938[/ATTACH]</div>