Voigtlander Perkeo II filters

<p>Hello, I recently picked up a nice set of 32mm screw-on filters, specifically for B&W enhansment for my Perkeo II. The Voigtlander instruction sheet makes note of the various 32mm screw-in filters available. The filters I have are not manufactured by Voigtlander, but they are marked as 32mm. Alas they seem nearly 1.5mm too small. Anyone have any ideas on this? I would like to avoid spending more money on this untill I know that I am doing it correctly. Thanks</p>

<p>I don't know much about Voigtlander Perkeo's but it seems to me that they took/take 32mm <em><strong>slip-on</strong></em> filters. I use Zeiss Ikon folders (Contina, Ikonta and Nettar). The filters for these guys screw on <strong><em>over</em></strong> the lens.</p>

<p>Zeiss Ikon filters were designated S ( as in S35.5) for the over the lens screw-on, A (as in A32) for the slip-on and just the number (as in 35.5) for the screw-in types. There was occasionally another letter designation for the screw-in type but I haven't seen it very often and cannot remember at the moment what that was. So if you find Zeiss Ikon filters I'd say you need the "A" designation.</p>

<p>Were your filters by any chance made by Kodak, and marked "made in Germany"?</p>

<p>The Kodak/Nagel-made filters for some models of the Retina II have a 32mm outside diameter.and bear the marking "32". Despite that marking, these are screw-in type filters with a 29.5mm male thread.</p>

<p>Likewise, Kodak's filters for the Retina I have a 27mm outside diameter and are marked "27". They too are meant to be screwed into a Retina I's lens-rim, and these have a 21.5mm male thread--an even greater disparity from their "27" marking.</p>

<p>The reason Kodak marked its Retina filters this way is not clear. However, they were made and sold at a time when almost all other filters, from Kodak and the other major manufacturers, were of the slip-on type. Maybe it was taken for granted that Retina owners would buy the Retina-dedicated, Retina-unique, screw-in type filters from Kodak (since no one else made them?); and their outside-diameter markings ("32" or "27") were only to remind owners which size lens hood would be needed. (Kodak/Nagel also made lens hoods specifically for the Retinas. Unlike Retina filters, Retina lens hoods were of the slip-on type: a 29.5mm screw-in Retina filter, marked "32", does require a 32mm slip-on lens hood.)</p>

<p>In my experience, except for this one special case of the Retinas, all screw-in filters are marked with the diameter of their male threads (as you were expecting to find, and were surprised not to find, on yours).</p>

<p>So please advise--who is the maker, and what are the rim markings on your set of filters?</p>

<p> </p>

<p>Paul, if your camera takes the 30.5mm screw-in filters, I have a few (3 or 4) of these: Zeiss Ikon-Voigtlander, West Germany, 30.5, G, 1.5x, -0.5. The color is yellow with a hint of green. They are "new" old stock, most never opened. If you or anyone else wants one, I'll part with them for...you have to post some photos taken with the filter on your camera. "One per customer, please".</p>

<p>Email me off site if you want one.</p>

<p>Thanks to you all for the further insights. Here are the markings on the filter rim: KENKO Y2 0(strikethrough) 32SC K1/28. I used a Mitutoyo caliper to make some measurements. The largest diameter of the filter frame is 32mm (applies to the push on?), The major diameter of the threaded section is 29.36mm. The Perkeo has the 80mm 3.5 Color Skopar, the minor thread measures 29.45mm. The filter will just fall in place with almost no movement, and fall out just as easily! So...I guess I misinterpreted the size markings. Scot, thanks for your offer, I may check out my Zeiss cameras that these may be used on.</p>