Minalta Scan Dual and XP

<p>Is the software not working? Have you made sure you have a driver installed for the SCSI card, and have you tried it with Vuescan? My Minolta Dual III driver doesn't work in MacOS 10.5 or Windows XP 64, but Vuescan works with it in both those OSes.</p>

<p>I've got the old Scan Multi with SCSI. I had the SCSI card already, popped it into the computer, googled to make sure I had the right driver for it, installed that, and checked to make sure the system recognized it okay.</p>

<p>I then followed whatever instructions there were for installing the Minolta scanning software (I don't remember now).</p>

<p>Once you have all that taken care of, just remember to always turn the scanner on before you turn on your computer -- this is typical of SCSI devices.</p>

<p>Anyway, everything works great.</p>

<p>In Siram's link, also check "Compatibility" in the left hand window. There is info re installation and operation in Windows XP. Otherwise, follow Michael's advice. When you turn the Dual on, make sure it completes it's internal initializing process before booting up your PC.</p>