How do you sell your photos?

newbie1

<p>Do you use a stock photo agency? Or do you market them yourself and if so how?<br>

I have been considering placing some of my good photos, (most are not posted here), on the market for sale and wish to know the best way to market them; or what you do to market your photos. </p>

<p>1_you create your web site, you talk about it, you create a ecommerce site, you deal with paypal etc....and 1 day in some month or years you should start selling them pretty well IF they are good, and if you ask a good price for it. DOnt expect to make a big income out of it, more like a bonus.</p>

<p>2_you send them to well know agency, they take only a few or none, you are selling them with other really good photographer, but at least, people have better chance to find them quickly..you dont deal with anything and you expect a check one day.</p>

<p>In both case, you wont get rich in the short run, maybe not even in the long run, but at least its a good reason to take images ; )</p>

<p>James:<br /><br />I sell my images through agencies as well as directly to publishers. Since I do this full time and am happy with what I make I disagree slightly with Philip. In photography - just like any other business - the key is to offer what clients want to the clients that have needs you can meet. In stock, and especially editorial stock which is what I do, the best way to regular sales is to specialize. Find a topic matter where you can offer better and different photos than what is already available. </p>

<p>This referes to selling in an art gallery setting........ soooooooooooooo.......Photo's are the number one hardest art to sell. Everybody thinks they can take pictures...... Somehow they think there is no "art" in taking photographs as apposed to say art in painting/drawing. To them painting and drawing takes talent.--!? I owned an Art Gallery for years and couldn't convince most customers otherwise. One of life's strange truths.</p>