An Odd problem occurred with my Mamiya RB 67

larry_freytag

<p>Hi Folks, I was out shooting on a very windy day. Three images in a row came out with a blurred section. About 1 cm of the extreme edge of the negative was somewhat soft. The same thing occurred on 3 negatives sequentially, and didn't reoccur with later shots, it was just the ones I shot in the high wind. I mean the wind was really howling. The section of the image that blurred was the section pointing towards the wind. The remainder of the image is perfect, as were all the other shots before and since! Since this seems like a stout camera, I don't get it. The camera was on a good tripod and I steadied it while firing the shots. It was not the image moving, there are solid sections in the image ( such as the ground) that were also blurred. The shutter speed was 250 and the lens was fairly wide open, it was the 127 mm lens. The remainder of the image was fine and I was able to use it and just crop the blurry part. Any ideas, folks?</p>

<p>thank you<br>

Larry</p>

<p>Wind should have no effect on part of your shot unless it were trees or things moving in your shot. Even that, at 250, I doubt it.<br>

The film was loaded just before you started shooting? If it was film left in the back from a few days ago, it could very well be a kink. RBs do a reverse roll, that if left in the camera for any length of time causes the next frame or so to not sit flat on the preasure plate. If it is also cold, you may get the same effect, stiff film.<br>

Also you may have loaded the start tab a bit off center and the first few frames were running up the sides of the spool.<br>

Chcek the back again for flatness with a test roll to be sure it won't happen again.</p>

<p> </p>

The more you say, the less people listen.

<p>Thanks guys. The film was loaded the night before, the prior 3 and subsequent 4 shot were OK. The film is pretty well centered to each edge. But the first shot is very early in the roll, maybe I need to wind on a little more than the arrow indicates. Perhaps that indicates a looseness. The temperature had cooled down some between the prior 3 and these 3 shots. Good shootin'. Larry</p>