Where to process colour 120 film in GTA west end?

va3uxb

<p>After playing around with a Holga for a few weeks, I find myself really wanting to get a bit more serious with medium format; I love the big negatives and the square 6x6 format. Rather than asking for camera advise (lots of recent threads on that topic) I'm curious about local processing options. I'm just outside Toronto's west end in Peel Region and only know of two places that process film at all (35mm with C41). I don't know anywhere that does 120 or E6.<br>

With the Holga, I've been shooting B&W which I can process and scan at home. (I don't have any print/enlargement gear.) If I do get more serious about medium format though, I'd like to try some colour and some slide films.<br>

If there's any MF enthusiasts in the Toronto / Peel area, I'd love to know where you get your 120 stuff developed, and an idea on prices. For that matter, where do you get your film? Or is it all mail-away now?<br>

Thanks!</p>

<p>West end pro lab (120 and E6 for sure):<br>

Silvano's colour lab 355 Weston Road<br>

www.silvanosimagining.com<br>

OR<br>

you can try asking the shops whether their Noritsu or Fuji Frontier machine does 120. You need to speak to the owner or someone who knows what they are doing or talking about. The 120 film is fed through these processors the same way as 35mm film. </p>

<p><br /> These folks are wonderful and close. Fast, first-rate work. Great C41 and E6 120 developing and proofing.<br /> http://www.brownsimaging.ca/</p>

<p>For film, Silvano's has about the best prices but sometimes limited availability--check their site and call to see what's in stock. Henry's and Vistek's Mississauga locations carry very little 120 now.</p>

<p>Thanks very much for the quick answers! I knew Henrys wasn't going to be a good source of 120 film when I cleaned out the Brampton location's entire stock of 120 film... I bought all two rolls.<br>

Wow I go by Browns all the time and never knew they were there - I'll be in that area on Thursday!</p>

<p>Stephanie, you've gotten some good answers already.<br>

Unless those labs are really close, it might be worth striking up a conversation with the local 35mm C41 lab. Most of those Noritsus and Frontiers will process 120 as well, and I have been pleasantly surprised by minilab operators who have been happy to run some 120 for me. (I have had luck at a Japan Camera right downtown, and at a mom-and-pop photofinishing store in Parkdale.)<br>

Some folks who run minilabs will not know, or claim the machines can't do it. But I think some folks are relieved to get a little more processing business and happy to do something a little bit less ordinary.<br>

I find it handy to have a minilab close by to run non-critical rolls of film. The other advantage is those minilabs will usually produce respectable scans on CD as well (if you ask for high-res or Base16 scans.)</p>

<p>No dice, David. Brown's is a pro lab with tightly regulated C41 and E6 lines.They're also a bargain for the quality and consistency they deliver. Mom and Pop mini-labs just aren't in the same league when it comes to replenishment and calibration. I've run into practically no west-end suburban Noritsu or Frontier labs with 120 carriers--most return a blank stare when you ask about 120 film.</p>

<p>

<p>Thanks again for all the info! I've got a few rolls of 120 slide film, now I just need to find the time to get out and shoot some pictures!<br>

I found Browns Imaging yesterday, I had a meeting around the corner from them but didn't have time to stop in. Since I'm in that area once or twice a month they're probably my best choice. <br>

Cheers!</p>

</p>