D70 Problem

jason_perez

<p>I have a Nikon D70 that has been working like a charm for a number of years. Today, it stopped taking pictures. To be more specific, all features appears to be working, but when I take a picture, the image looks completely distorted. All I see in the LED screen is something similar to "white noise" from an old television set (only with color). So far, I have tried the following:<br /> Formatting memory card, tried a different memory card, tried new battery, switched the lens, made sure latest firmware was installed. I also placed pictures back on the memory card and made sure I could view them on LED, which I could.<br /> I looked at many threads before posting, so I apologize if there was already a post on this. Any suggestions would be appreciated.</p><div>00UZEi-175225584.jpg.fb5a1173d32cc31726fdb5d5395fce9a.jpg</div>

<p>Jason, I was having similar problems last year, and after resetting the compact flash card connector, my camera has been fine ever since. With jeweler's screwdrivers and a gentle touch, this is achievable at home. Here are some links to pursue: http://www.photo.net/nikon-camera-forum/00Hx6Y, http://blogs.dion.ne.jp/nisegrapher/archives/6877743.html. Later I'll try to find the link I followed, which I believe to be the same as the Japanese site based on the pictures there.</p>

<p>Thank you all for the responses. I did try the reset, but no luck. I went to the link showing how to remove bottom cover of camera. Once removed, I could not see anything obvious and did not feel real comfortable messing around with anything. I will wait a few days and see if a few other responses come in. Other than that, I will need to decide if I invest the money to repair it or go with a new Nikon body. Again, you all for the suggestions. Best regards.</p>