Photo Editor

bob jr.

<p>Hi,<br /> <br /> <br /> A photo editor of a luxury magazine wants to use a photo of mine for the december issue. This is the first time of something like this for me. <br /> <br /> This is how he worded his request:<br /> <br /> "I'm the photo editor for ... Luxury magazine. We're interested in running one of your images of ... [a piano player] in our december issue. Please let me know what would be involved in terms of usage fee and acquiring a high res file."<br /> <br /> <br /> What do you think I should lay out in terms of terms?</p>

<p>What are you asking? How to price, how to license or how to word the agreement?</p>

<p>"By placing a order and using the photographs provided to you by (your name here),<br />You acknowledge that you accept the terms of this licence."....</p>

<p>"The following uses are not authorised in compliance with the licence granted to you here."<br>

1<br>

2<br>

3 etc...etc...</p>

<p>"It is forbidden to resell, give a sub-licence, give, lend, sub-let, distribute the whole or part of an image,..."</p>

<p>This is some of the verbage you will find in licensing agreements.<br>

It sounds like this is a "ONE TIME" "non-exclusive" use to appear in a magazine for one run.<br>

Ask the photo editor what his/her specific use will be and write your agreement along those lines.<br>

Assume no risk in whatever forum they publish to.</p>