"The PEN Story"

machts gut

<p>I love it. Clever. Shows how photos fit into everyday life. Wish I could look back and only see red balloon moments, high flying days that exhilirated, no dreary waits in ariline terminals, cold BOQ rooms. But know what, I got pictures of that too...why not. They made some memorable moments that seem like learning experiences that take the edges off one's personality:-) looking at the Zen approach I guesws. . A lot of memory snapshots (not a derogatory word snapshots IMO) .</p>

<p>Using whatever cameras came to hand from mid 1950's with-ohmygosh- flashbulbs and flash cube gizmos. <strong>Just Do It</strong> and keep it in shoeboxes or whatever, always two shots of each subject never one. Different angles, different times of day, heck I <strong>wasted</strong> film and <strong>time galore</strong> and never looked back even before digital resurrected the fun factor. Film was cheapest item I had...Yep, in 1959 I used my tough bought used and hardy Century Graphic, big buggah, -mark of the newspaper type --but with roll back, it produced and survived in some rough seas. I know the new Pen EP-1 will hold up that well. Olympus seems to build them well...EP-1 etc= Definitely easier to tote. Not as heavy as what Weegee crime photographer carried to document Bowery for sure. Weege gets no 'cigar' on that part from yours truly:-)</p><div>00UYT1-174773584.jpg.824b5239766c7b9aa7747ae29d672219.jpg</div>

<p><strong>Oh </strong> <strong>contraire </strong> <strong>mon </strong> <strong>frere, Patrick.</strong> I have a Pen S and i would say about 90% of the time I'm holding it sideways for a landscape orientated shot. You can do that with these cameras you know ;)<br /> It's not awkward or uncomfortable at all to do so. So orientation is not a permanent thing with the pen nor is it a tel-tale sign that a photograph was taken with one.</p>