Clifton Bridge

frederick_muller

<p>Nice digi IR (and film) photos, Frederick. A historical bridge. The girl in the fourth photo reminds me of a long ago Bristol Ci-y flame, Jeannie (I hope she is well). The RD-1s with R72 filter seems to come close to something between the late lamented HIER and Konica 750 nm films, probably closer to the latter.</p>

<blockquote>

<p>When I return, I plan to take a tour of the bridge, which will probably include going down a tunnel that opens onto a gallery high on the Eastern side of the gorge. This should produce another good view.</p>

</blockquote>

<p>I think that's close to, or even associated with, the Camera Obscura on the top of the cliffs near the bridge. The tunnel runs down to a cave half-way up the wall of the gorge - I can't remember if it's a natural cave or not. I also can't remember if it was built before or after the bridge. It may have been built before the bridge, in the late 18th or early 19th century - part of the 'appreciation of the sublime' aesthetic. Clifton Gorge was regarded as one of the most dramatic places in England at that time.</p>