Digital Projector Recommendation

<p>We are looking into getting a new projector for our photographic clubrooms as our old one is getting a bit long in the tooth.<br>

So we're starting to look at internet reviews etc, but I'm not sure that a fantastic home theatre projector, for example, will also be fantastic for displaying still images. (I'm guessing that there would likely be compromises in image quality for the sake of frame-rate/refresh rate etc, for displaying flicker-free movies etc).<br>

Conversely, an "office" projector might be fine for powerpoint etc, but I need reasonably accurate colour reproduction, with neutral grays for displaying mono work and a decent conrast ratio - obviously I'm not going to get the same contrast ratio as an LCD TV for example, but I would like to get relatively deep blacks (that's where our current projector lets us down)<br>

Resolution of our current unit (Canon XEED SX50) is 1400x1050, so any replacement would have to be that or higher.<br>

We have no allegiance to any particular brand or make, so any recommendations would make a great starting point for our search.<br>

<br />We use it in a darkened room (attached to the ceiling) approx 10ft from the "screen"</p>

<p>many thanks<br>

Guy</p>

<p>I was able to get three used 42" LCD TVs with PC inputs (Samsung) for less than the price of a high end projector. They have better contrast and resolution than any projection system I've seen, and they don't require a darkened room. <br>

I was lucky in finding them (they had been in the conference room of a local company that folded) but look around, there are a lot of used LCD TVs available. <br>

A brand new 52" LCD TV is probably cheaper / better than a projector, if that'd work for you.<br>

Just an idea.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>any epson projector with a 2200lumens or more will do, just have a look at there web site for the resolution you need. As for color acuracy and neutrality, no projector i know have that out of the box. You should open a bw image and adjust your projector setting accordingly, then open a color image you know and make sure the skin tone for example look natural.. for me when i give workshop to photo club or else and they have there own projector i always do that and it take me around 30sec to get it right.</p>

<p>Then make sure no one touch it after and screw up your adjustment, because you dotn adjust it on your laptop but on the projector itself..if someone press the *reset* button, you have to redo it again ; )</p>