150mm polarising filter - who makes one?

Dick,

At these sizes you might not be that successful at finding traditional glass filters that screw on to the front of your big lenses. However, supply houses for the movie industry stock sheets of polarizing material (and many other filter materials) for movie cameras/lights that slide into compendium shades. I'm not sure where where you live, but I know there are such places in Los Angeles CA and Vancouver, BC. This solution is usually much more cost effective than the screw-on type of filters. Especially at larger sizes.

Good Luck!

a 900 f6.3 -- where on earth did you find a wray?? i thought i owned the only one in the world!! however, if memory serves me: (a) the barrel does not have inner threads for a filter (but has outer threads for a shade); and (b) has a barrel diameter more in the 175mm range. anyway, the suggestion about gel polarizers is very good. lens & repro helped me locate that material a number of years ago.

Dominique:

Thank you I am in the UK, but I have contacts in the LA area.

Roger:

How do you get on with your Wray, and for what do you use it?

I found mine on E-Bay � There is a great deal of good stuff in Germany which is not listed as being available to send to the USA. Most of the vendors admit to speaking some English, Particularly if you make some attempt to speak German.

Colin:

I have e-mailed SRB, Thank you.

Teamwork, my supplier, deal with them, and did not mention SRB when I asked them.

Thank you, everybody.