Image problems with 50D

sean_newland

Recently my 50D has started to state can not display image and when files loaded to lightroom some have a colour

band in large rectangle off set in frame. Not every image just the odd one or two. Changed flash cards and had the

same thing happen next time in lightroom and PS, noticed one pic had the top 1/8th of the image was off centre and

moved to the right and cut off. I have updated firmware. this was done before the problem started. Has anyone had

similar experience<div>00UTwR-172491784.jpg.4abb3f63044ba2ea2f34a4cb21b6627c.jpg</div>

<p>I had a very similar problem on my 20D from a faulty CF card. Does the problem occur on more than one memory card? If not then I would replace the card that gives the problem. If it does then the problem is more likely to be with the camera than the computer.</p>

<p>Hi Sean,<br>

I've seen this problem quite often in our shop and there is one main culprit for it. Yes it can be the memory card that causes the issue, however, we find that it is much more common for the card readers that our customers are using to cause the issue. If you are using the card reader in your laptop or pc, try to connect the camera directly to the computer and see if the same image still has the artifact. If the artifact is still there, then you should take the card out and check to see if there are any bent pins in the CF card slot. If there are no bent pins then it could be the memory card (so test the camera with other cards to rule that out). I'd put my money on the cf card reader as the culprit.</p>

<p>Best Regards<br>

Mark</p>