Samy's Tax~Exterminator K-7 specials

14mm 2.8l

<p>Hmm, this is interesting to me because Samy's was at one time right up there with the larger retailers of Pentax equipment. Infact they had a great stock of stuff there. From them I purchased my K110D, 100D SUPER, K10D, 77LTD, DA40F/2.8, DA*50-135, Tamron 18-250, 28-300, 28-75 Tamron F/2.8, and many others and they where all in stock. I have never had to order anything from them. Then one day it was all gone. They said that Pentax fired all the reps and that was that...In a sense it ended up being a blessing, because I discovered B&H along with Sigma and SAMYS lost me as a customer....So even if they started stocking Pentax again, it is still far cheaper to buy from B&H or Adorama...California sales tax at 10% is ridiculous....Still I did buy my D700 from Samys during their no tax sale and $300.00 rebate...</p>

<p>Ahhh, thats how you got a better D700 price, than me... Good For You. No camera retailers locally run a: we'll eat the tax sales. Its all full msrp, all the time for camera equiptment. It took me years to trust B&H with my first order, as all the local camera sales guys poop'd all over them. Now I'm hardpressed to shop elsewhere, even when paying a bit more at B&H. "In stock" means in stock, no games. I had one defective return this year for money back which went well too. Cash returns at a local camera shop? That went away over a decade ago. I don't buy everything at B&H, but its my first place I'll look & then I hunt for better prices and then weigh the pros and cons. </p>

<p>So with Samy's eating the 10% Terminator's~Fee & tossing in $60 off the grip combo wouldn't that be like a $150 tax savings and another $60 bucks rolled into reducing the msrp? I'm feeling a $200 price drop soon, maybe. But, most everything I bought since March 2008 across two other brands is up, some up big like $500 up here or there. Problem is, I wrote all the canikon prices down last holiday season so I am well aware with my receipts and checking all the other prices I archived that lens prices really went up this year. So its hard for me to assume or predict what will drop inleiu of other items going up further.</p>

<p>Anyways, it might be fun for you to check out all the flown in gears and chitchat with a Rep? Even though you likely have a better kit than the rep, Javier ;^)</p>

<p>Demodaze events were always fun for me. Now I have to luckily wander in when a Rep from CaNikon is in town with his bag of goodies, as I did a couple weeks ago. Handling $17,000 in gear while chitchatting with the rep was/is fun and eyeopening. I was able to cross all but one item off my fantasy want list in 25 minutes. Handy, quite handy indeed. That one item I really like is gonna cost me big time, but at least I know for certain that I really want it to complete my current system, well by Spring 2010, before next summer's trips.</p>

<p>Maybe Pentax is re-thinking their store front sales strategy? </p>

<p>Lindy, I will plan on going and ask my fair share of questions like why on earth would they fire the sales reps and what where they thinking in releasing a camera with the GLS? But really, as you mentioned, they have nothing I would like to try that I don't already have except maybe an FA*300F/2.8...I keep reading that it is a far superior lens to the the new DA*300F/4...Actually, I am still pondering the DA 15 wide angle as well.</p>

<p>I don't see any savings on the K-7 buying it at Samy's. The price is $1,300 at B&H; if you were to buy it at a store, it would be $1,300 + tax. If Samy's has a no-tax day, then you pay...$1,300. Apart from handling the K-7 before buying, there is no advantage over buying it at B&H. Or am I missing something?</p>

<p>Saving $60 on the grip would be nice, though.</p>