printing in apple aperture

<p>New to aperture, and was able to make some nice prints one to a page. But would like to print several around 3 x 5 size for small mattes for a booth at a fair. Could not see how to do this. Found an option for various sizes (5x7 etc) with an option for custom size, but what printed was way smaller than the custom size I entered (about 2x3 rather than 3x5) and only one image to a page, centered, with some spacing lines on the paper. How can I print multiple images on one page in a certain size? I even tried with the contact sheet option but couldn't get it to do the sizes I wanted. Thanks for any help. I've looked on the apple website printing tutorial and also in two aperture books i have, but no help.</p>

<p>Virginia, In the Aperture print options screen, you can easily set the exact size of your print. Just select custom and fill in the size that you want. In the media option in the printer settings, select the size paper that you have. Now, if your images are printing smaller than you specified, my guess is that you have "Fit entire image" selected. In that case, the print will be smaller than the selected size so that nothing is cropped out. OK - here's that bad news. Aperture is NOT good for printing multiple images on one sheet of paper. The contact sheet printing function comes close, but you are right that it lacks complete flexibility and is difficult to customize completely. For this task, believe it or no, iPhoto is significantly better. So, if you need to print multiple images on one sheet, your best bet is to import your project or album into iPHoto and print it that way. I hope this helps. I don't have access to my Mac at the moment, but when I do I can be more specific if need be.</p>

<p>Steven, thanks, I think I did have the fit entire image checked, so that may explain that part...I do need to fit multiple images on one sheet and was surprised there was not an easy way to that in aperture, so wondered if I would have to use iphoto. I have never used iphoto yet, am wondering how to get images into it from aperture, without removing them from aperture. I am not at the home computer right now either, so cannot look, but if you can I would appreciate any more specific suggestions...thought it would be easy to just print a sheet from aperture, you would think a program that calls itself one that you don't have to leave for most tasks would have that part, thanks, Virginia</p>