Snow Leopard and Epson 2880

<p>Yesterday I installed Snow Leopard on my MacBook Pro. I had received an email from Epson a couple of days ago telling me that they had worked with Apple and they had new drivers for their printers if you were upgrading to Snow Leopard. After installing SL I went to Epsons web site and downloaded all the new drivers (I have a 2880 and a 4880). While the 4880 seems to work fine, the 2880 did not. I could not get it to print, I kept getting an error. The other problem is that I lost some of the printer adjustments that I had under the old drivers. The Advanced B&W was still there but I couldnt change any of its settings, that sucked.</p>

<p>Well to make a short story long. I deleted the printer from my Mac and reinstalled the original software that came with the 2880. Everything is back and it works fine. Seems like there must be a problem with the new driver.</p>

<p>Anyone else had a Epson driver problem with Snow Leopard?</p>

<p>Kevin</p>

<p>I downloaded the Apple drivers and they gave me an interface that was quite alarming. I found conflicting information on the US Epson site (For some reason my usual Epson UK site couldn't be reached.) So, after installing Rosetta, I installed the last downloaded drivers I had and everything is back to normal.</p>

<p>Makes me wondeer why a big company like Epson could not have sorted new drivers earlier. It's not as if Snow Leopard has come as a surprise.</p>

• 1 month later...

<p>I wish I had read this thread before updating to Snow Leopard - http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=2137715<br>

This past weekend I thought I would be churning out 17 or so prints for Photofair at Spitalfields next Saturday. Instead I spent countless hours fiddling around downloading Epson drivers for my R2880 and producing mini test prints that appear magenta rather than monochrome. And I ran out of ink and couldn't find any in London! Mishaps galore.<br>

The consensus in the Apple Support Thread is to roll back to Leopard and live with it until Epson / Apple sort this insanity out. Of course, I can't partition my one and only external drive, so it looks like I need to duck out at lunch tomorrow and buy a new Firewire drive and spend three hours installing Leopard, the updates and then of course Photoshop onto it.<br>

And then I should be able to print away! What a mess of an upgrade. I thought my Coolscan 8000 would be the tricky device to coax to life with the upgrade, but it and NikonScan work really quite well (ignoring the error message when I load Nikonscan - it works just fine).<br>

Harumph.</p>

<p> </p>