Do you have one eye closed ...

m_d19

<p>right eye dom (left handed though...), keep the left eye open. This way i can see what is happening if shooting action - indespensible for sports or other moving subjects. I also do it when shooting static stuff - especially at a slow Tv, because i think it helps to steady my shot.</p>

<p>I shoot with my left eye closed for normal work, more to eliminate extraneous light than to concentrate my vision. One exception to this is when I'm shooting long telephotos at moving subjects. I fly radio control airplanes and have done a lot of pictures for our club using a 300mm lens with two doublers on a DX camera, giving an effective 1800 mm lens on a heavy tripod with a loosely tensioned ballhead. It is impossible to track a small object like an RC plane in the middle of aerobatics at up to 100 mph through just the viewfinder. It took a couple weeks of practice but I now shoot with both eyes open. The left eye keeps the plane in sight and automatically centers it so it becomes visible with the right eye through the viewfinder.</p>

<p>I will sometimes photograph with both eyes open, when setting field of view with a zoom, quickly. Most of the time I will use one eye for framing; but use a tripod a fair amount, so I guess that would count for not looking, in a way.</p>

<p>I think it doesn't matter. Just come back with the image.</p>

<p>I have to close my right eye, if I were to close my left eye, the eyelid in my right eye follows too closely and is unusable, while when I close my right eye, the left eyelid does not follow as much and it is usable. Also when I close my left eye, my right eye not only closes partially it loses focus. I can actually use the computer with the right one closed, but not the left. Covering my left eye with my hand does not cause this problem.</p>