What mode should I use to shoot a wedding outside?

tiffany_delury

<p >Hi there! I’m still rather new at the wedding photography thing and I’m shooting a wedding this weekend to both help the bride and groom out since they were not going to have a photographer at all and for me to practice some. </p>

<p > </p>

<p >I have a Nikon D90 and I’m curious what mode I should shoot for a wedding that will be outside? I do not want to make the subjects too dark but at the same time I don’t want to blow out the sky in my pictures. Any suggestions? The weather is calling for possible rain showers, so it very well may be a cloudy day. </p>

<p > </p>

<p >Thanks in advance!!</p>

<p ><strong ><em >"What mode should I use to shoot a wedding outside?"</em></strong></p>

<p > </p>

<p >"P" Program Auto, (and capture in RAW) will likely be the best, considering the information thus far.</p>

<p > </p>

<p >***</p>

<p > </p>

<p >Additional comments might be broader if you supply the answers to these questions:</p>

<p > </p>

<p >What lens(es) do you have?</p>

<p >Do you have a Separate Flash?</p>

<p > </p>

<p >*** </p>

<p > </p>

<p >Also there are many "Beginners" and “First Wedding” threads on the Wedding Forum – you could have read of those.</p>

<p > </p>

<p >WW</p>

<p > </p>

<p><strong><em>"I have two lenses so far the 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G VR and the Nikon 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G ED IF VR and I have the SB-800 External Flash which I plan to have on as well."</em></strong><br>

<br>

Keep it simple. Use the 18 to 105. Use Flash Fill, outdoors, as James suggested. Practice using Flash Fill, today and tomorrow.<br>

<br>

There are many threads in the Wedding Forum if you search "Flash Fill" and "Flash Fill Outdoors".<br>

<br>

WW<br>

<br>

<br>

</p>