Mixing PP Styles in a gallery

mgk1966

<p>Sometimes when I post-process, I get the urge to do different pictures in different styles. Maybe one in high sat color, one in b/w, one in sepia, one in warm low sat high contrast, etc., depending on the mood and composition of the individual shots. Is this bad? Does it confuse the viewer? Do you try to keep consistent throughout your gallery? Interested in others' viewpoints.<br /><br />Thanks,<br />Matt</p>

<p>I think images in a series are not individual pieces of art but rather a coherent entity. As such a homogenous visual style is better, especially when it comes to album as G.E. mentioned. You can have different processing though but the look needs to be connected visually somehow.<br>

Maybe select two or three different processing styles that you think works together and stick to those inside the same wedding?</p>

<p> </p>

<p>I would say it's ok to mix it up a bit, but not to go too far, perhaps. I would stick to a consistent feel across the board, with some interesting processed ones here and there. Sort of signature pieces<br>

I have a friend who puts a different process/action on pretty much every image and his galleries look a mess. It doesn't even look like the same wedding. It's nice to have some consistency, but it's good to break it up here and there too!<br>

But it all depends on your style I guess, and your customers.</p>