Not More Trees ?

<p>August,<br>

What's HDR? Saturation I ussually turn down slightly if Brightness and Contrast don't get things looking normal. <br>

The only one I turned up here was the Purple Haze image where Ihadto darken and intensify to get something that looked like it looks, what I call the reverse sunset. Maybe a little too much, but it is the wood that really stands out on all these if you see the much sharper original scans or prints. I have one 30" print that is not represented here from a 6x9 that is pretty impressive. Also, this is only what I had scanned. There is probably over a hundred assorted shots including more 35mm B&W and Slides, Holga images, more 6x9 of course, and a few 4x5's. Some of the Nikon slides are pretty good as I used to do pretty good on the move with that 28-105 zoom. Like I mentioned, I hang out close by. If I like the look of something I'll go out and shoot. If it's bla I'll eat and read and re-pack. <br>

I also talked about being on a ridge. A short walk one way and I look down to the west 5,500 ft to Bishop and up and down the entire Owens Valley, across to the Sierra Crest from Whitney to Mt Dana, and east overlooks the southwestern basins and ranges of the Great Basin country of which the White Mtns are the western and highest boundry. Last fall I ventured over to eastern Nevada and checked out Great Basin Nat Park which is almost the eastern terminous of the ranges and basins (there's a couple smaller ranges to the east) and Wheeler Peak which is the highest to the east, and checked out the bristlecones there. I may be going back in four weeks. <br>

But the point of the above comments is that I can watch and determin a good idea of what the light might do by sunset. Make pretty good weather forcasts, and so forth. Good stuff, neat place. Hardly anyone ever stops either. Folks just drive by occasionally and wave howdy. Only once did anyone ever stop with a camera. And the guy left after about fifteen minutes during the middle of the afternoon. </p><div>00UHHM-166845684.jpg.964c00dca39f2a0574d9ed1c2a4699e5.jpg</div>

<p>This view north, if you look in the distance to the left you can see the road cut winding along on the east side of the ridge running north. <br>

And when it's a hundred degrees plus down in Bishop, it rarely gets over 75-80 up hight. Actually can get downright cold to freezing anytime of the year. Froze my nuggies a few times. I ussually drive back down to about 7,000 feet in the pinon pine to camp. Much warmer and better sleeping. </p>