G10 Screen Broken

jay bee

<p>Does anyone know if Canon warranties the LCD screen? I have a small crack on it - it still functions but certainly would like to get it fixed. It was purchased in February so its a bit over 6 months old. If they don't, any clue on cost/feasibility to repair? Wonder if this is why they changed the screen to a swivel mount on the G11...<br>

Thanks in advance</p>

<p>No, that's not the reason they changed to a swivel mount - it was by popular request. I doubt that they will accept a broken screen as warranty repair, but I would just call Canon Service and send them the camera - they will give you a cost estimate and then you can decide if it is worth the repair. If it were me, I would probably just live with the crack, as long as you can still see the histogram and read the menu.</p>

<p>It sounds as if you cracked the protective screen, not the actual LCD itself. I believe you can just order the part. I haven't had to do it myself, by I've heard that the protective screen pries off relatively easily and the new part just sticks on. </p>