33x23 inch prints -5d vs. 5d mkII

<p>Hello</p>

<p>I think the numbers will tell the story (as many other things are equal here). the 5D gives 4368 x 2912 pixels ... so if you are willing to print at 200dpi it will print to 24 inches wide. Anything more is upsizing. The 5DII is 5616 x 3744 pixels so at 200dpi it will print to 28 inches. Therefore both will require some upsampling. I feel that is better to have the extra detail in the capture.</p>

<p>At the size you are wanting to print to factors such as viewing distance and subject detail will make a difference.</p>

<p>The II will produce better prints with more detail, but not an earth-shaking increase in detail. I've printed files from the 5D I up to 40" x 60" and when properly upsized, they look really nice. But the same size from the II looks just a bit better. Get the II and some good glass and a really good tripod. Then fire at will.</p>

<p>Sorry youre not going to enjoy hearing this:<br>

At those resolutions you are so much better off with a 5x4 field camera, cost of films processing scanning and printing make it much cheaper and better quality.<br>

Plus it will provide far more detail and you can start with a tilt corrected image.<br>

This will yield resolution in the size range that you are looking for with far greater detail. At the sizes you are printing out you are looking at some serious assignment money,</p>

<p>I say use the right tool for the job at hand. </p>