Feedback request for my frst photography website

radugrindei

<p>Positives: Nice images, I think.</p>

<p>Negatives: Text is too small for me to read. Skip all music altogether (the dialogue asking you in the beginning is annoying). The screen flickers and shimmers as it switches from one image to the next but also in between - there's no way I can actually focus on the images. The weird white mouse arrow is really big and obvious, and lags as I try to move around (why not just let me have my usual arrow?). I have no idea how to stop the slide show - as it is, it's way too fast. The scroll bar thingy at the bottom moves all the time, grabbing my attention.</p>

<p>Overall, it feels like a website trying to work like a desktop application. Maybe if you jsut let it be a website instead, it would let me focus on your images. They are the point, after all.</p>

<p>First reaction, flash, I hate flash and music. It makes it really hard for me to link to one of your images and show a friend etc, or book mark stuff I really like. So in the end it means I'll never come back and look again. <br>

Plus I want to know something about you, there are always images on the web to look at, what makes it interesting is the story behind them. Gotta admit I only gave it a quick look because the flash was slow loading after a few images.</p>

<p>At the risk of ganging up on you: Dump the music.</p>

<p>And forget the "Full Screen" option, or at least offer an obvious way to get rid of it. (I know that the ESC key will do it, but I'm a computer nerd.)</p>

<p>Even on my 30" monitor, the type is a bit small, and the slide show doesn't let people linger and enjoy your fine images.</p>

<p>Tough love -- Greg</p>

<p>Radu, I agree with most of the above comments and I think if you look at some other examples of sites made with Imagin you can, if you wish, address some of the issues mentioned here. I found the large cursor arrow and the lack of an intuitive method to pause/re-start the slideshow the most annoying problems. The link is to a site recommended by Imagin:</p>

<p>http://www.metinoner.com/index.php#/Gallery</p>

<p>I didn't hear any music so I assume thats gone. Somewhat belatedly I'm going to make two comments<br>

The first concerns the portfolio titles. They may have deep meaning to you but I have to tell you they didn't mean a thing to me and my first thoughts were that they seemed a little grand. They didn't give me any expectation of what to expect in them and to be frank if I rearranged all the photographs randomly under your headings it would make just as much sense to me. I think the answer here is to think not only about what you wish to communicate, but also how those at the other end might get to where you want them to be. </p>

<p>The second concerns using one photograph as a background for the others. For me it doesn't work I'm afraid. </p>

<p> </p>

• 2 weeks later...

<p>Radu, I like your website, and it's very much in keeping with information I found online at the <strong>PDN Photographers Virtual Tradeshow</strong>. You might want to check it out.<br>

You have to register some basic info at the site to get in - it's free, but it's well worth it. Sponsored by Photo District News in NY.<br>

Go to this link:<br>

<a href="http://www.pdngearguide.com/gearguide/content_display/features/e3i235a6a3dbc3c186682bce9f646dbee28">http://www.pdngearguide.com/gearguide/content_display/features/e3i235a6a3dbc3c186682bce9f646dbee28</a>;<br>

then go to the ASMP booth and click on the tab for WEB & VIDEO LINKS and select the title "<em>Website and Portfolio</em>" title.</p>