Mamiya 212-607 IR remote release

jbcrane_gallery

<p>

<p>Anyone have any experience with this contraption? I'm getting ready to take a solo backpack trip and would like the ability to have a figure in my photos (mine, unfortunately ;-). I can't think of any other way of doing it with the RZ 67 Pro II. I have the double cable release and at one point thought I could do a M-up thing and just sit there for a while and eventually the shutter would fire at the set speed, but it doesn't seem to work like that... any other thoughts? BH's offering comes in at $199, which seems a little pricey to me for such an odd, antiquated accessory... KEH didn't come up with one, nor did the big auction site.<br>

Many thanks in advance.</p>

</p>

<p>Hi John<br>

I am about to sell all my RZ67 Pro II gear and in amongst this gear is a virtually new remote.<br>

All items are about to go on ebay, I have used the remote and it did work fine, its not that complicated to use at all. email me if you are interested. <a href="mailto:nplettings99@aol.com">nplettings99@aol.com</a><br>

Kind Regards <br>

Phil</p>

<p>So after spending a good bit of the day on the phone with MAC Group/Mamiya, BH, Adorama, etc., I'll report what I've learned regarding this question in case anyone else ever needs to search it. The best way to accomplish what I'm trying to accomplish (landscape shots with a figure - mine - with the RZ) is to use the Pocket Wizard Plus II with a cord from Pocket Wizard. BH had the part ready to order (search Mamiya RZM3 cable, Pocket Wizard part number 804-506). It runs $94.95 and attaches to the motor drive port on the front of the RZ. The issue with the Mamiya IR remote apparently is that it doesn't work too well in daylight (don't know-what I was told), and my biggest issue was I didn't want pictures of me pointing the thing at the camera - with no delay or lag available, as I understood it. Hope this is of help to someone, some day.</p>

• 2 weeks later...