Shutter release delay

kfrog

<p>I am a regular Pentax K10D user but I have access to a Nikon D90 for a limited time and I am in need of assistance. I want to take some sharp photos of some buildings, inside and out and I will be using a tripod. Is there a shutter release that delays say 2 seconds or so, or some other settings I can use? I want to be able to trip the shutter without worrying about camera shake. Thanks.</p>

<p>Thanks Guys. I found both those settings and tried the 2 sec delay setting. It delays about a second. I tried the 10 sec setting. it delays about 2 seconds.<br>

Go figure. Anyway I think I can work with that.</p>

<p>you have to turn on the self timer function. on the top to the right of the view screen is a button with a rectangle on it and 2 shadows of rectangles behind it. Hold it down and rotate the turn wheel on back and watch which icon changes in the window. keep turning until you see the icon that is changing turn to a circle (clock pointing to 11 AM) you have now turned on that function and should get a 2 second delay (or whatever delay you set in the menu) <br>

PS - function will reset if you turn off the camera. </p>

<p>Oh for goodness sakes! I didn't even see that button! Thanks Frank. I had set it on 10 sec but now I think I'll take it back to 5 sec. Sure is a involved process. Much easier on a K10D. The D90 does over more options however.<br>

Thanks again.</p>