D90, D300/300s or D700

soulgazephotography

<p>There is nothing wrong with any of these cameras, but I think if you are really serious about photography it makes sense to get the best semi pro / pro quality camera (and lenses) provided you can afford them. Part of this is about joy of ownership of course and I certainly find I am happier such equipment. I can only say what I would do - In this case I think I would go for the D700 as I like the ability to shoot in low light although I suppose the D300/s comes close. What might tip it for me is the fact that in an FX camera you the lenses give the field of view they arguably should. Would I shoot better photos - well I think it opens up the possibility of shooting some images I would not otherwise be able to - such as in low light or at high iso. I presently have a D200 and the one hting I do not enjoy is the relatively high level of noise it generates. The D300/s and D700 have a CMOS chip which has inherently less noise than a CCD one.</p>

<p>On a bit more serious note... do you want the higher noise but the 1.5 sensor multiplier and do you only have DX lenses? or do you want a a full frame, high ISO capability. I do portrait work and some environmental and with the D700, I would not hesitate to shoot at 1600 or even 2400 ISO, if the conditions demanded it. You can see some commentary on my facebook page (http://www.facebook.com/pages/Elmhurst-IL/e2Photography-LLC/58421424901?) I don't have a D300 but that would give me 1.5 times multiplier (a 70mm lens functions as 105mm) but at 1 stop less light sensitivity. Personally, I will take the light sensitivity and use my feet for the multiplier... seems like the best deal in town!</p>

<p>In my opinion D90 is one gut option, like the other expensive models like D300(s), D700, they share advantage technologies like: They have motor for auto focus (let you use efficient more lenses), live view, GPS extension, relative gut possibility with high ISO, more picture pro second and more area for autofocus, etc. Also D90 camera in combination with gut lenses bring you a gut quality in your picture and relative low cost. D90 already let you make videos and not so heavy.<br /> If you get D700 is not doubt is the best camera, but you have to thing about to get new non-Dx lenses( FX lenses) and give a lot of money. This camera is perfect in situation with low condition of light (Hi ISO and better in combination with lenses with gut aperture f/ 2,8 1,8 1,4... ).<br /> The D300 or D300S they are a robust camera with better possibilities and quality as D90, cost more but you feel really you have already a real camera, an you can use (like D90) the same lenses that you already have in your D40. Best regard..!</p>

<p>Ricardo</p>