Cleaning viewfinder of Werra 1E

<p>I just received a good working Werra 1E. I like its look, but it has one annoying feature: in the viewfiner (not coupled RF) there is a blue rectangle visible. The rectangle contains a lot of small black specks. Does anyone know how to reach this for cleaning? I know it doesn't hurt the pics, but I just like a clean look into the world :)</p>

<p>PS I assume the blue rectangle is the framing area with the missing pieces on the top and left of the blue rectangle showing the paralax correction?</p>

<p>Rule 1 applies especially to Werras: If it ain't broke, don't fix it.</p>

<p>That said, you can lift off the top plate by unscrewing the studs that hold the strap lugs in place and then gently unscrewing the eyepiece as you prise up the top plate. There's more description here: http://www.kyphoto.com/classics/forum/messages/6899/6058.html?1147075957 (search on the page for "I've found Werras to be about the easiest cameras ever to work on").</p>

<p>Thanks for the reply & rule 1! I will listen to it. I already see myself damaging the studs when trying to open the top plate: they are nice & shiny at the moment without any damage...</p>

<p>Cleaning the eye-piece and the front of the VF with rubbing alcohol already made a huge difference: from almost opaque to crystal clear vision. The black specks are still there, but they don't bother as much: just shot a roll with the camera and after the first few photos I stopped noticing them.</p>

<p>For future reference:<br>

I could loosen the studs of the top plate quite easily by pressing my thumb on them and at the same time turning. Top plate comes loose easily. However, the blue screen in the viewfinder is unreachable without further removal of other parts, which I didn't feel like. So now I decided (again) to leave the specks as is.</p>