Polaroid Back for Kiev 88CM

jimmy_nelson

<p>Im shooting with a Kiev 88Cm ( I like to be able to shoot photos instead of having to spend more time worrying about hurting and expensive Hassy) anyway since ive moved in the direction of the faulty russian version of the hasseblat I have no clue what polaroid back I should use, Ive heard that they are the same, but since polaroid goign under i thought i wouldnt get soem suggestions. I shoot alot of pack film so I still ahve some polaroid, but i use the Fuji film now aswell. So I was wondering what Polaroid backs work for the Kiev 88cm and which ones will take the fuji pack film.</p>

<p>Jimmy, I'm not sure what the compatibility is like (you might look at fleabay for some info), but first make sure the Polaroid or Fuji film you need is available. Many stocks have been discontinued, rendering these backs a little less useful.</p>

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

<p>I have got both Polaroïd backs for Hasselblad and Kiev, the first one from NPC, the second from Kiev. They are both based on the Polaroïd FP 100 back for land camera. the main difference is that there's no hole in the H one so you'll have to unlock this back from the body to wind the shutter when used on a K88, or even a H 1600/1000f. Unlike latest A12 and A24 swedish backs, one can't drill the hole off the plate to adapt to kiev, since there's a screw precisely where the hole should take place.<br>

There is no blind interlock in those so you'll have to be aware of that before releasing the back.<br>

Also, I've seen many on the bay that are in the way up when mounted and seem to forbid the use of prism finders, mines are built the other way, down (so they can't be used on the 500 ELs).</p>