Dell 22" UltraWide (2209WA) monitor

<p>I recently purchased the Dell 22" WA monitor because so many users say its resolution and other attributes make it great for working with photo files - and it is IMHO.<br>

BUT, when I connect it to my MacBook via the DVI connector, I do cannot get either the Mac or the Dell to give me a full screen view - when running in Windows XP.<br>

Yet when running in Mac OS 10, I do get a full screen image (I have the MacBook partitioned to run both Windows (business use) and Mac OS (all my private stuff), while I plan purchasing an iMac).<br>

I have tried using both digital and analogue modes on the Dell with no difference. I have also tried all possible settings on the monitor and in Windows. Yes, the image displayed is larger than the 13.5" screen image on my MacBook, and the image quality is excellent (a great value for money monitor). BUT I can't get a full screen image (I do understand it will be at lower resolution than the Dell's maximum resolution)!<br>

Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong please?<br>

Thanks for your time and help. </p>

<p>Many thanks Howard. <br>

I'll re-load the CDR that came with it. Maybe the driver loaded in the Mac OS ok but failed to in the XP system. Otherwise I'll log onto Dell to grab a download.<br>

Stupidly Dell's web "customer service" is that endless list of questions rather than a simple email option! Customer service that sends one to an early grave - great use of technology by a technology company! :)<br>

Thanks again.</p>