Award winning Minox DSC

MTC Photography

<p>It has a 42mm/2.8 equivalent lens, slightly shorter than the lens on MINOX EC, whence has wider angle coverage.

My Rolleiflex minidigi (first version) has only 2MP sensor, interpolated to only 3MP

From my experience with Rolleiflex minidigi and Minox Leica DCC M3, I expect the image quality of DSC should be substaintially better than EC, better than 3mp Rolleiflex minidigi and 3MP DCC M3<br>

I am going to give it a try.</p>

<p>I saw it at PMA and thought it was kind of a nifty looking gadget. I tried to make time to talk about it with the Minox guys, but I was busy and they weren't the easiest to connect with. So I gave up in favor of more important things. Still, I'll be interested in hearing how images from the DSC look.</p>

<p>Josh, check out the "quality proof" on Minox site<br>

<a href="http://www.minox.com/index.php?id=2455&L=1">http://www.minox.com/index.php?id=2455&L=1</a><br>

Download the DSC quality proof part I and II, unzip with winzip and view them with photoshop<br>

The quality is better than I thought, much better than anything I got out of Minox EC (about the same size as DSC).<br>

The DSC without that attached flash weights 2.1 oz, good for carry around in shirt pocket<br>

And it has a built in optical viewfinder ! </p>

<p>The actual sensor is only 3mp,interpolated to 5mp.<br>

There are many nice slim digicam out there, 8mp or higher; Nowaday, 5mp is commonplace, even cellphone has 5mp,but none with optical viewfinder and noneweight less than 5oz.

<br>

My Lumix LX3 is not pocketable, another LUmix LS75 is smaller, but weight 7 oz without case 9 oz with case, too heavy for shirt pocket.

Minox TLX is about 4 oz, EC 2 oz, DSC is the only 5mp digicam around 2 oz</p>

<p>There are pencam with 1.3mp.</p>

• 4 weeks later...
<p>I just got a 12 Mp Canon SD780IS (in black, no less): 87 x 54.5 x 18.4 mm and 115 g or 4 oz. It has a viewfinder as well as LCD. I think it may well be my replacement for a B, BL and LX. It fits in an Altoids mint box (slightly modified). This is pocketable, though still not as convenient as a B or BL. Minox should aim higher for its DSC in terms of performance.</p>

• 4 weeks later...