In the market for a new 35mm fast lens

todd_reeves3

<p>True 'dat, Lex.<br /><br />I agree that some threads go sideways in the <em>wrong</em> way ("Which lens should I get?" Someone's answer: "I recommend you spend a couple of years taking classes."). <br /><br />But I've certainly had some of my equipment (and other, more important) priorities changed by some unlooked-for advice from other users here that initially felt like somone just grinding an axe or messing with the thread. Not all such toughts are trolls, or attempts to derail.<br /><br />I find an experienced wedding photographer's desire to make a purchase having to do with low light shooting to be a muti-faceted topic. But that's it from me on the subject. Sorry for the ruffled feathers!</p>

<p>If you use DX, I would get the 35/1.8 DX; excellent wide aperture performance and AF-S focusing. I quite like this little lens. For the best optics, 35/2 Zeiss. For the largest aperture, 35/1.4 Ai-S Nikkor. The 35/2D AF is a nice lens but wide open it has some purple fringing - I would buy this lens for FX but not current DX if speed and wide aperture performance is important.</p>