Canon 5D mark 2 with crop sensor lens

<p>Hi all<br>

I just though I would share this with you. Just came back from Abt in Glenview, IL and I was looking at Canon 5D mark2 what I noticed was they put Tamron 18-300 on this camera that lens is crop sensor lens not full frame am I missing something?<br>

Guy at the store said that they sell the body only or together with this lens I asked why would you sell full frame body with this lens to that he anwsered that he's not the one deciding what lens goes on what camera. Funny I'd suspect store like that would know what they are doing.</p>

<p>-- "Tamron 18-300"<br>

no such lens ...</p>

<p>if that is the Tamron "<strong>28</strong> -300" then it is indeed a fullframe lens.<br>

if it is the Tamron "18-<strong>200</strong> " or "18-<strong>250</strong> " or "18-<strong>270</strong> " it is a "DiII" lens (Tamrons designator for crop-1.6).</p>

<p>Lenses designed specifically for Canon EOS cameras with the APS-C sensors (Canon designation is EF-S lenses) will not fit on a camera with full frame sensor. So, it must have been an EF lens, which is interchangeable with all full-frame EOS bodies, digital or film.</p>

<p>You're wrong William, go to a store and test yourself if you want, Tamron (and Sigma and Tokina) aps-c lenses fit all EOS bodies just fine, even film.<br /> Canon uses EF-S mount, third parties use simple EF-mount for all Canon lenses.</p>

<p>Kris: I'd stay well away from a store that sells third party aps-c superzoom with 5d MKII.</p>

<p>Kari, this is from Kris' original post (italics are mine):</p>

<p>"...what I noticed was they put Tamron 18-300 on this camera <em>that lens is crop sensor lens</em> not full frame..."</p>

<p>That's what I was responding to, not whether Tamron makes EF-S mount lenses - which, I agree, they probably don't.</p>