New Domke Waxwear Camera Bags

joe_mezzanini1

<p>The f2 waxwear bag is a little small for me.. and it's the biggest waxwear bag that Domke makes... does anyone know of another manufacturer with a better section of size?</p>

<p>ref:<br /> http://www.howcast.com/videos/202154-PMA-2009-New-Domke-Waxwear-Camera-Bags<br>

I am looking for a bag with that distressed look and feel like the waxwear has.</p>

<p>Thanks,<br /> Joe</p>

<p> </p>

<p>Even if Domke sourced a couple acres of that fabric cheap, it's a very poor material choice for what are already some of the toughest bags on the market. I love my Barbour waxed cotton coats but both weights used for their garments wear fairly quickly at corners or ridges exposed to abrasion or friction. Given the bomb-proof quality of Domke canvas and, especially, ballistic nylon, this stuff will shred far faster than anything presently in use. Apart from the lame contrast strapping/webbing, this new line is longer on apparent fashion statement than functionality/durability. What were they thinking?</p>

<p>My F1X holds a lot, but it's doggone heavy when loaded. With no side or top padding other than inserts, it's not great for storage, either. It's really taught me to be more selective in what I take along on a given day. You might want to rethink a bigger shoulder bag, but YMMV.</p>

<p>If you're patient, you might just be able to get a waxwear F1X: http://www.tiffen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=55 You could always wax your own bag.</p>

<p>Get an F-1X before Domke goes out of business if you want Domke. This wax thing seems like a totally ridiculous idea, all you need to do is buy a regular canvas Domke or Chinese knock-off and spray it with a water-resistant spray from an outdoor supplier. Speaking of knock-offs, check out Safrotto/Mekko bags on the big auction site. Better materials, better construction, and much better value than Domke. 200 quid for an F-2 is a joke.</p>

• 8 months later...