First Newborn Shoot, Critique?

mgk1966

<p>Not much you can do about it. That's the way babies are made :) I think you did a fine job on coloring, but that is the reason why most newborn pics are in b/w.<br>

The one thing I don't like for the baby, and the sister, is many of the pictures the head size looks distorted. A longer lens, or not so close would put them back to their natural size. Compare some of the close-ups to some of the family pictures, and the kids look different.</p>

<p>I think you have some very beautiful photographs here. The skin tones look good to me. My only critique would be to post fewer final images. It's one of the things I'm really working on right now myself. In my opinion 125 images is too many for a family/newborn shoot. You have a lot of strong images here and others that are good but not as good. Since you have more than enough keepers I would narrow this down further keeping just the best 75, I think that would make for a stonger showing overall. Very nice. </p>

<p>Hi Matthew,<br>

I think you did a great job! I do agree with the comment that the heads look a little distorted in some of the shots ... but I think it's just the angle from which some of the pictures are taken. I use my 50 mm 1.4 for newborns, and I think it does a great job. I noticed that there aren't that many of the baby sleeping. I'll sometimes wait ... and wait ... if it means I can get some good sleeping shots. Once they're out it's much easier to position them. But, as I said, I think you did a great job. I'm sure the parents are thrilled : ) </p>