How to process like this?

<p>Hi everyone<br />I came across this photo on deviantart... would like to do something similar, any suggestions on how to proccess in photoshop CS3 to create this effect? Also, looks to me like the photo was taken in shade or on a cloudy day, as there are no harsh shadows - would this be correct or can the soft lighting be achieved in photoshop afterwards?<br /><a href=" woodland fairy />Thanks guys!<br />June</p>

<p>Essentially it looks to me like adjustments to produce low contrast and low color saturation (look at those reds in particular) with adjustments to the color balance (for somewhat blue / blue green tonal over lay) plus maybe a little gaussian blur to some regions of the photo an ethereal look.</p>

<p>Thanks for that Peter - I agree that it's very low in contrast and saturation. It looks very much like noise has been added to the photo after as well, guessing this would just be a noise filter in PS. But - that ethereal quality is definitely there like you say... hmm how to do this!</p>