Need good scanner for reflective work (Canon 5600F/8800F and Epson 4490 owners attention)

<p>I'm looking for scanner for reflective scans like paper photos, I already have dedicated film scanner, so I'm not looking to scan film with flatbed. I have 10 years old Epson GT-7000U that gives nice scans but as it is USB 1 device it is slow and also driver support is lacking. I recently got Epson V30 (as V300 but no film cover) and it was disappointment (poor tone separation and clipped white even with image enhancement turned off). I'm looking for professional quality output.<br />I'm asking if any owners of Canon 5600F/8800F and Epson 4490 scanners can help me out by showing me a piece of not processed 600 DPI scan. I'm attaching here a scan from Epson V30, it is corner of a banknote. If you can post about similar sample, perhaps corner of a banknote on white background (leave part of background visible).<br />Also welcome are suggestions about scanners that have good reflective scan ability.</p><div>00TvmM-154455584.thumb.jpg.2ee1a65e51d6102ed07cf0db2824b6ad.jpg</div>

<p>One more and you can stick a fork in me, I'm done.<br /> This is another scan of the banknote, but this time I scanned with a piece of Epson Premium Presentation Matt paper rather than a piece of cheap printer paper. The grain you're seeing is the texture of the paper coming through.</p>

<p>Peter</p><div>00TwTy-154901684.jpg.a5d71682545972a1b06a1f8a9820f7c9.jpg</div>

<p>Thanks again, your help is much appreciated. The use of paper as background explains the "grain", I was thinking the white was from scanner lid. This looks much better than V30, also sharpness/detail is better.<br>

Can anyone post something similar from Canon scanners or from Epson V500?</p>

• 5 months later...