Mekko/Safrotto F1X bag

jermaine_scott

<p>I hate to butt in too late, but you may not be happy.<br /> I fell for that one too. (T-shirt grade canvas.)</p>

<p>If you bought it from "that auction site" the dealer isn't fun to deal with.</p>

<p>I licked my wounds and bought a Domke. There is no comparison.</p>

<p>The bag I received would not keep it's shape without it's heavy padded inserts. It lays on the floor like a towel. The fold over lid & strap weigh more than bag itself.</p>

<p>The US made domke @$139.99/free ship from Adorama, is a very heavy duty rigid bag, before you add any kind of insert. I actually washed mine just to loosen it up a bit.</p>

<p>jermaine,</p>

<p>To answer your initial question, the lighter color is a pale yellowish hue, while the online photos show it is more white. It is not brownish like a domke.</p>

<p>Email me personally if you would like more info. I really don't enjoy online bashing.</p>

<p>I don't think you will be. I have two Domke bags and two Safrotto/Mekkos. The Domke bags are of pre-Safrotto/Mekko vintage, and the Domke F-1X also "lays on the floor like a towel" to use Steven's excellent description of the Chinese bag. :-) I bought the two Safrotto satchels because of the poor quality manufacturing/materials of the current Domkes. They don't make them like they used to, and I've been extremely happy with my two bags from China.</p>

<p>Not trying to beat a dead horse, but there must be some BIG differences in new/old stock being delivered. I read a bit before buying the Mekko, and that's what I got.</p>

<p>I purchased the bag through ebay in early spring, had a royal fuss with the seller, and got the Domke from Adorama shortly thereafter. The auction guy filed non-paying bidder strikes twice when I tried to return it. I hung onto it because I felt that if I did, I'd have absolutely nothing.</p>

<p>Maybe the Domke is really old stock. Between the lower prices, the poor quality reports I am reading, and other sources, leads me to predict that Domke might be going to the wayside.</p>

<p>In a broad sense, maybe I just got lucky.</p>