Minneapolis stores for EOS gear.

daniel flather

<p>Hey Big Dan,<br>

I don't get it...What limits you to buy it in that city?<br>

If you know the lens you want, why not order it from B&H or one of the other respected on-line stores like Adorama. You'll likely pay <em>much </em> less and no sales tax.</p>

<p>Hi,</p>

<p> I know B&H costs less, but if I pick it up in Minneapolis I save the $80 shipping to Canada and I can apply for a sales tax rebate. After all is settled, it costs the same as B&H for my situation; it's also nice to see before I buy. </p>

<p>I know not may stores stock the 35/1.4L.</p>

<p>National Camera does not list the 35 mm F1.4 on their web site so no price compare is possible.</p>

<p>West Photo near downtown Mpls has no online listing of their goods they stock on line; you would have to call them. I have never dealt w/ West Photo so I have no information on if they are a good retailer.</p>

<p>The lens you speak of is about 1230 bucks online give or take a few dollars.</p>

<p>Do you know someone in the States who can receive the lens for you? If so have it shipped there. You could also have it overnighted to a hotel as well once you get here. No sales tax when purchased out of state and shipping should be around $25 - $50 (Example: B&H is out of stock and wants $48 for FedEx overnight) depending on vendor.</p>

<p>Amazon has the lens from 17th St Photo for 1299, I didn't want to fool w/ going through their almost buy it process to see what shipping would be.</p>

<p>Clayton, most lenses that I compare online are close enough in price. NatCam has the ef 50/1.2L for $1499, B&H has it for $1349. A difference of $150, less the $80 shipping and the annoying $40 customs fee, I'm ahead $80. I can claim back any local sales tax.</p>

<p>The issue is having a retailer with the 35/1.4L instock. If not I'll just buy it online, it's not the $80 I'll save that's my moticvation; it's nice to see before you buy.</p>

<p>Mark, I don't know anyone in the USA that I could have it shipped to. I do like the idea of having it shipped to the hotel. I'll look into that farther, see if I can set that up. Thanks.</p>

<p>Any other possible dealers in Minneapolis?</p>