Video Software

ben_quinn1

<p>Just got a 5D mkii and need some software for the video, I little time to research this so I would appreciate opinions on this. Obviously I'm new to videography. I have a mac so I am thinking of final cut - is this the best choice? I have apple imovie software on my iMac but I'm guessing this is probably not up to much. <br />For stills I use apple aperture 90% , Adobe CS2 10% of the time.</p>

<p>I have to be honest, I haven't tried the new iMovie because I use Final Cut Express almost exclusively. I actually use an older version of iMovie for slide shows for the simplicity of the "Ken Burns Effect." I guess the question is, what kind of videos are you making, and how will you distribute them? iMovie is surprisingly powerful, but I shoot multi-camera events and stack multiple video and audio tracks, so FCE fits the bill for me...</p>

<p>Don't write-off iMovie to quickly. It does a lot of things quite well including transitions, and titles. The price is right if you already have a Mac, so give it a try. As you develop your video skills and style, you might find some limitations where it won't do what you want it to do, but until you get there, iMovie is a good place to start.</p>

• 1 month later...