What's the most photos you've taken with one camera?

<p>I managed to get 132,400 snaps on a 20D before the shutter gave out (it was rated at 50-60,000). I sent it in to Canon for repair (they gave me the actuation number) and the cost to repair was the same as a Rebel XT - so I bought the Rebel that now has about 100,000 snaps. I also have a Rebel XTi that has over 60,000 actuations that I've handed down to my daughter. I'm now using a 50D and hope to get over 200k with it.</p>

<p>that statistical analysis page really is interesting! i noted the inclusion of a couple of cameras that died with about 150 cycles, which i think might warrant inquiry as to the cause of death before inclusion, and the sample sizes tend to be small in the larger cycle counts probably indicating that large numbers of cameras have simply not yet reached those numbers yet... so the actual life expectancy might be a bit higher than indicated especially in the most recent, non-pro models that haven't seen a lot of heavy use yet.</p>

<p>Well those stats are a little disconcerting. My body is the 1Ds Mk III, and the graph kindly tells me the shutter's rated to 3,650. <br>

Dang. I've shot near 15K... on borrowed time, apparently. :( </p>

<p><strong>Strangely, here's data for the 1Ds Mk II:</strong><br>

Average number of actuations after which shutter is still alive: <strong>323,131.4</strong> <br /> Average number of actuations after which shutter died: <strong>83,932.9</strong><br>

<strong><br /> </strong><br>

I'll admit some statistical naivety, here. But here's a question: <br /> The first<strong> </strong> metric is a little weird, no? If you graph out all the cameras and their total number of actuations over the life span of the shutter, I suppose you can end up with an average for how many actuations they'll last. But what exactly does the first metric above tell you from the perspective of n samples of camera?</p>

<p>Also, most all the cameras I found had larger first metrics compared to the second, just like above. How can, the average for which the shutter's still alive be consistently bigger than the average for the dead shutters?</p>