Advisability of 6008 AF purchase after Franke & Heidecke cease operations

lehun

<p>Honestly speaking, if I were you, not only would I keep the purchase, I would go through the system and invest further on all the accessories that I would find useful and acquire them while the stock still lasts. I have spent the last few days doing the same myself.<br>

Of course there must be some other different thoughts. It would not be a casual decision to come to a Rolleiflex. Having bought such a camera usually means that you have done some research on the capabilities and features. I am sure no other camera will give you all of those. This is a camera that many people can only dream of owning. Enjoy shooting with it!<br>

Tak </p>

<p>When Rollei originally went out of business some years ago there were people who bought up all the available parts and to this day still specialize in repairing the TLRs or SLRs from decades ago. I might be naive but I believe there will be qualified repair people with proper parts to fix the current Rolleis. </p>

<p>I am only glad that I bought a 2.8FX while I could, though I think they will still be available for a long time to come.</p>

• 3 months later...

<p>I would follow the advice given and keep the camera, as well as get all the accessories you'd like to have. That is what I did :-)<br>

There are several repair centres specialized in Rollei 600X series repairs, so this should not be a problem if F&H were not to continue servicing (at this stage, it is still unclear).<br>

Pascal<br>

http://www.rolleiflexpages.com</p>