<p >Hi All,</p>

<p > </p>

<p >I took this photo a couple of days ago and, like most of my aerial photos, it has a strong blue color cast caused by the airplane window. I made a few corrections in Lightroom, including using the eyedropper on the snow, but the cast is still pretty strong. Can somebody show me a method and workflow for solving this in either Lightroom or Photoshop? I would greatly appreciate it since I take a lot of these photos.</p>

<p > </p>

<p >Many thanks,</p>

<p >Dave</p>

<div>00TrdN-151909584.jpg.033e7280501ddc2f6fac42c633d5431f.jpg</div>

<p>That part is easy.</p>

<p>1) Go to the develop module.<br>

2) Move the sliders for "recovery", "fill light" and "blacks" all the way to the left.<br>

3) Hold the "alt" key down *while* adjusting the exposure. The main picture will blacken, only showing over exposed highlights. Adjust until the highlights go away, or at least most of them. What remains are blown highlights.<br>

4) Do the same for the "blacks" slider. What shows here are the clipped shadows, without detail.<br>

5) If there were any blown highlights from step 3, do the "alt" and "recovery" until all are gone, or at least minimized.</p>

<p>And here you have the first 5 steps you need to do with any photo you process.</p>

<p>Enjoy your lightroom!</p>

<p>Thanks, Peter. That technique helps, but it doesn't remove the color cast as well as adjusting individuals channels using Levels in Ps. Reducing blue saturation in Lr helps some too, but, again, not as well as Levels in Ps. There isn't a way to adjust color channels individually in Lr, is there? </p>

<p>Dave your right. That was just to bring your exposure back to the norms so you can adjust the brightness and contrast without clipping.</p>

<p>If you still have a cast issue, there is an eyedropper icon in the WB panel. Click it and bring it over to the snow on your mountains and click. You could also just slide the temp until the blue hue goes away.</p>

<blockquote>

<p> blue color cast caused by the airplane window</p>

</blockquote>

<p>By the way, this is not because of the window. This is the colour of the light in the shot accented by the abundance of water and snow with a clear "blue" sky. You will see more of that in the winter with snow.</p>

<p>Thanks, Terry. That was a pretty day in Seattle.</p>

<p>I have Lightroom 2.4 and Photoshop CS3, so I have all sorts of tools to play with. I really, really wish Lr had levels and curves, however. It would be very nice to stay in Lr and apply those tools to the raw file...in a non-destructive way, of course. Cheers. </p>

<blockquote>

<p>I have Lightroom 2.4 and Photoshop CS3, so I have all sorts of tools to play with. I really, really wish Lr had levels and curves, however. It would be very nice to stay in Lr and apply those tools to the raw file...in a non-destructive way, of course.</p>

</blockquote>

<p>LR has all those features and more. I suggest you get the following tutorial vids to bring you up to speed and get those shots of yours up to their greatest potential!</p>

<p>The vids are long, but they are jammed with things to know. I loaded them on my iPod and watched them to/from work. Better than any book....</p>

<p><a href="http://store.luminous-landscape.com/zencart/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=2">http://store.luminous-landscape.com/zencart/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=2</a></p>

<p>Thanks. And check out the following podcasts available for free in the iTunes store. I have over 15 Gigs of them on my iPod -- they add up fast!</p>

<p>Lightroom for Digital Photographers<br>

Photoshop for Digital Photographers<br>

Understanding Adobe Photoshop<br>

Photoshop Killer Tips<br>

Lightroom Killer Tips</p>

<p>PS I wasn't disparaging Lightroom -- I love it, but I really like levels and curves and find them easier for me to use.</p>

<p>Cheers, Dave</p>